In order to continue the development of our existing and very well-functioning con series, we decided to expand the product range with a more advanced upgrade by integrating a controller system without compromising on our in-line design.
The integrated controller enables the use of Modbus RTU on RS485 serial communication, which is one of the industry’s most powerful standards.
About the IC - Integrated controller
There are several benefits by using actuators with integrated controllers, beside the protection of your application. It is a space-saving, easy to control, low maintenance and cost-efficient inline actuator solution.
You can remote control it via the existing PLC using our software CAS (Consens Actuator Studio), or if required also with Modbus RTU on RS485 serial communication. No need for external controller systems.
The icon actuator with integrated controller comes with the same build-in dimensions as on our well-known con series with hall sensor option and is a perfect space-saving solution for applications where space is limited.
icon can easily be adapted to existing designs, even if you want to replace an existing con actuator, as it has the same build in dimensions as our con series, meaning you don't have to modify your existing design.
A big benefit i also the ability to have access to the control data report from our free downloadable software CAS (Consens Actuator Studio)
- 6 Configurations available
- Adjustable start/stop ramp
- Adjustable current limit
- Industrial interface Modbus RTU on RS485
- Internal stroke limitation
- Internal temperature protection
- Interconnection up to 128 units - synchronous max 8 units
- Plug & Play solution with conXion box, Box+ and conXion DIN
- Concens Actuator Studio (CAS) for easy setup
For further and more specific engineering information download our datasheets
Choose your icon configuration
- SDB for a Single actuator Direction control Basic
For applications where the basic in and out motion without feedback is required
- SDH for a Single actuator Direction control - Hall output.
The more advanced control for designs requiring output hall signal feedback
- SDP for a Single actuator Direction control Position output.
For applications where the advanced control with an analogue position feedback is required, telling the exact position of the piston rod.
- SPP for a Single actuator Position control Position output.
Control for applications requiring a ‘servo’ power control by analog position input and a position OK output. Total power controlled.
- SBS for a Single actuator BUS control Status/control in and out.
For applications to be fully controlled by Modbus communication, e.g., for industrial designs using only Modbus to control the movements of the machinery
- MDO for Multiple actuators Direction control Override
For the multiple advanced control in applications where synchronisation of 2 and up to 8 actuators is required.
For further and more specific engineering information you can download our icon - user manual
Accessories for icon
Additionally to our intelligent actuator solutions we offer a range of accessories in order to make it easier for you to use.
- conXion Box
A connection Box, for interface connection between e.g., handset and power supply for easy Plug & Play set-up for your application
- conXion Box+
Similar to the conXion Box, but equipped with additional push buttons for remote control the icon actuator by using the conXion Box+
- conXion DIN
Is meant for more industrial use because it is mounted on standard DIN rail with brackets and thereby giving easy access to the connections
- USB-RS485 programming cable
Recommended in order to be able to reprogramme the default settings the icon actuator is set-up within the production before leaving our factory.
- conXion cable for interconnection of conXion Box/Box+/DIN
If your design requires the use of two to ten actuators.
For interconnection for more than ten units, please make sure to use a Modbus hub or similar.
- Handset with simple dry contacts - our standard Concens Handset with coiled cable and simple push button for in and out drive
(Also available for the con series)
- Power supply cable 24VDC/2A w/cable (EU/UK/US/AU)
Download our conXion Box/Box+/DIN Installation Guide